10 week fast paced, hands-on learning experience where students learn rapid-prototyping by planning and executing a new projects each week.
What will students learn:
- Project Management
- Computer-Aided Design
- Computer-Controlled Cutting
- Computer-Controlled Machining
- Molding & Casting
- 3D Scanning & Printing
- Embedded Programming
- Input / Output Devices
- Project Development
- Proficient in spoken & written English.
- Wants to make an impact & benefit the community.
- A college student or job seeker.
- Can complete the work in a timely manner & dedicate at least 15 hours per week.
- A passion for making is a plus.
- Committed to complete the program.
- Did not enroll in any Tamkeen Supported Training programs in the past 12 months.
How will students be assessed?
There are no exams or quizzes in Fab Academy. Each student has a website where they document the work they have done in images/words/videos.
To complete the program:
Complete (make & document) all the individual weekly assignments.
Create & Present a final project.
Pass the assignment evaluation of the work done during the course.