A program that encourages kids to think outside the box for creative new ideas and learn how to make their ideas into real creations! Making designing, inventing and programming fun for kids!
Students can learn how to make their favorite things, like games and toys, that they can show off to their parents and friends! They’ll have so much fun creating their new projects, they won’t even realize how much new information and skills they’re learning and absorbing along the way!
This program aims to help students learn how to make just about anything they can imagine! Building up kids to be future makers and the inventors of tomorrow!
Students will learn how to use 2D and 3D design tools to realize their project ideas and learn how to program electronics to make their projects work, then finally learn how to use 2D cutting and 3D printing machines to make their projects real!
A program that aims to expand on a student’s knowledge of math, technology, and science subjects to better visualize and understand complex concepts in a tangible and simpler way. This will help them face challenges and obstacles as opportunities to teach problem-solving in creative and innovative ways with our project-based lesson plan. We aim to not make them feel limited in what solutions and ideas they can suggest, but to work with them to bring their ideas to life.
The program will cover every step of thinking of new ideas, designing them with 2D and 3D software, programming them with easy-to-use block-based coding for kids, and making them with the help of computer-controlled machines.
- Giving students the tools and skills, they need to be successful makers.
- Using project-based learning to teach students how to brainstorm, design and create their own projects.
- Expand students’ understanding of their curriculum in science, technology and art beyond the classroom.
- Grow students’ confidence, creativity and imagination for new and exciting ideas and inventions that they can make real.
- Teach students how to brainstorm and think outside the box for new ideas and creative projects to make.
- Teach students how to design their ideas in 2D and 3D in an easy and intuitive way.
- Teach students how to 2D cut and 3D print their designs to make their ideas real and complete projects they can be proud of.
Skills Gained from the Program
- The ability to think of new ideas freely and creatively, and apply them to future projects.
- Applying their existing knowledge of concepts in science, art and technology for better understanding and problem-solving.
- The ability to make 2D and 3D designs of their project ideas.
- Fundamental skills in embedded programming and using input and output devices in programming projects.
- The confidence to rely on their own abilities to do and make anything they can imagine.
- Electronics Programming
- Easy block-based coding made for kids
- 2D and 3D Design
- Easy and intuitive design softwares made for kids, like TinkerCAD
- 2D Cutting
- Vinyl-cutting machines that cut out cardstock to fold up fun designs, and vinyl to iron on fun t-shirt designs and stickers
- 3D Scanning and Printing
- 3D printers that print out 3D design projects and project parts
- Students will attend after-school sessions with educators that will guide them through each small project they will be working on, covering the lesson objectives in the process of completing the project.
- Students will be provided with worksheets that help guide them through using all new tools, including tools for design, programming, and using machines; as well as some bonus content for students to try to challenge themselves into going beyond the lesson objectives.
- Students will work together and with educators to achieve their lesson objectives and complete their projects.
- Student will have time to work on and test out and be given a platform to show off their projects to their classmates.